The Worship Commission plans the various liturgical seasons and prayer opportunities for our parish.
For more information or to get involved, please consult the bulletin or your Parish Guidebook for a contact name, phone number, and/or email.
Art and Environment Committee
This committee arranges the sanctuary and entire worship space to correspond with and enhance the liturgical seasons and celebrations.
Parishioners signed up for Eucharistic Adoration reserve one hour a week to pray before the Blessed Sacrament in the Adoration Chapel.
Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion
These ministers are entrusted with the special responsibility of distributing the Body and Blood of Christ at Mass.
These ministers assist at Mass by greeting people, asking individuals to carry up offertory gifts, helping parishioners find seating, and handing out bulletins.
Lectors proclaim the Word of God at Mass.
Sacristans set up the necessary items before Mass, assist the priest with any necessary tasks, and hels clean up after Mass.
Any student who has completed fourth grade and has been trained to serve may assist the priest during Mass and other liturgical celebrations.
- Adult Choir is open to any parishioner who is interested in singing in 2-5 part harmonies. The choir usually ministers at Mass twice a month, as well as Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Easter Vigil, and any special parish activities. Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings 7-8:30 pm in the choir loft. Musicians are also welcome to join this group.
- Organist, pianist, guitarists and other musicians are needed for weekend Masses as well as weddings and funerals to help enhance liturgical celebrations.
- Small group vocalists are scheduled every-other month and practice before Mass. You may join an existing group or new groups will be formed as people show interest.
- Song leader/cantor is a leader of sung prayer. Cantors lead the responsorial psalm, as well as other sung prayers.
- Young Adult Ensemble is for those in grades 8 through college-age. They minister at the 1st and 3rd week 5 PM Sunday evening of each month. Vocalists and instrumentalists are needed.
- Substitute Music Minister helps out when someone cannot commit to a full month’s schedule. Indicate if you are a vocalist or instrumentalist.