Public Health Response:
Parish Life during a time of public health concern
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting our parish community in many ways. I pray we remain strong in the Lord and as a faith community. In an effort to help share information, here are changes to our parish life as we know them today. Please check with your friends to see that they have received this information, and if not, ask them to email us an updated email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Church will be open as a place of prayer and comfort during normal office hours (8 am-4:30 pm) Private stations of the cross and private prayer are welcome, but our Adoration Chapel is closed. Please use social distancing of 6 feet from others for your safety and the safety of others.
- Masses: The bishop has provided a dispensation for attendance of Sunday Mass, but we have not been dispensed of honoring the Lord’s Day. Join the live-streamed weekend Mass on Saturdays at 5 pm. www.facebook.com/immaculateconceptionjc. The Mass will be posted to our website at www.icangels.com/ by 9 am Sunday. The Mass is also available to watch on EWTN. Consult your TV provider for schedule. Frs. Don and Duncan will be praying the Sunday and daily Masses privately for scheduled intentions. Please watch the bulletin for those weekend/other Mass intentions that have to be rescheduled.
- The Parish Office is minimally staffed and closed to outside visitors until further notice. Please contact us via email at email@example.com as other staff are working online, or by phone. If you need to talk to a priest, please call the office and listen to the prompts.
- Please continue your tithes; we are continuing to pay our employees during this time. Contributions can be mailed in, dropped off at the front door mailbox during business hours, or submitted electronically.
- Baptisms and Weddings are postponed or are restricted to no more than 10 people and social distancing requirements until further notice. Preparation requirements remain the same.
- Funerals will be restricted to immediate non-symptomatic family members with gatherings no larger than 10 persons. Funeral lunches are suspended at this time.
- Confession and Anointing: Please use the entrance by the Parish Office. Confession and/or anointing will be available in the Immaculata/Holy Name Room on Wednesdays from 12 noon - 1 pm or by appointment. All confessions will be private behind a screen.
- Hall rentals: If you have a hall rented during this time, we will be contacting you about rescheduling or about a refund.
- Outreach to our parish community/vicinity:
- We have reached out to those who are on our homebound list, and ask you to reach out to those you know who are isolated in some way. A team of phone tree volunteers has reached out to each parish family to check on their wellbeing and is providing follow-up on identified needs. If you have needs, please don’t hesitate to share them; that’s the reason we are reaching out and we want to support you. If you know other neighbors or family members in our east end area who are not part of IC parish but need help, we would like to reach out to them, as well. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-301-8496 or 573-635-6143.
- Communication: If you have an email, but have not provided it to us, we would appreciate you emailing that information with your name to email@example.com. Please be sure you have added this address to your contacts to prevent emails from going to spam/junk folder. We will communicate only essential information, but this is a way for us to be able to keep many of our parishioners up to date on the latest information and needs.
- Catholic Charities is committed to assisting our neighbors in need throughout the Coronavirus pandemic. Relief funds are available to assist with financial hardships that have resulted from COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Catholic Charities also has a network of volunteers who are able to assist medically or self-quarantined high risk individuals with ensuring that their basic needs are met. Volunteers can pick-up and deliver groceries and other needs. Visit their webpage for more details.
- Other Information: The CDC's COVID-19 page is an accurate, credible source being consistently updated with directives from the Whitehouse. At the Chancery, staff are updating this page: diojeffcity.org/public-health regularly. Please visit this page for official statements from the diocese and other information. The page also includes letters from Bishop McKnight on pastoral care and policies, along with directives for the faithful as the situation evolves.